Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced2013
- # of MEDS (as of 2/12/23)650
- # of ARBS (as of 2/12/23)
Online / In-Person
Dan has an easy rapport with people that allows him to connect with and understand what is important to them. He also works well with both plaintiff and defence counsel to understand the complexity of issues and to find solutions that work for both sides. He does so with aplomb and a sense of humour.
Dan uses a non-evaluative technique in the mediation process that allows him to remain neutral and unbiased, while still actively testing the theory and evidence behind each party’s position. He follows the Harvard-based school of mediation learned through the University of Windsor’s Faculty of Law certificate programs in ADR and Advanced ADR Workshops taken in December 2012 and March 2013. He has been mediating ever since.
Before mediation, Dan practised both plaintiff and defence personal injury work with a focus on defence work. He did both tort and accident benefit work for over 30 years. He has extensive trial experience, both with and without juries, as well as Arbitration and Appeal experience at all levels.
- Contract Disputes
- Disability Claims
- Estates & Trusts
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
- LL.B., Queen’s University, 1984
- B.A., University of Western Ontario, 1981
- Windsor’s Faculty of Law certificate programs in ADR and Advanced ADR Workshops, 2012 and 2013
Memberships & Affiliations
- Hamilton Law Association (President 1996 – 1997
- Canadian Defence Lawyers (Board of Directors 2006 – 2008)
- Hamilton Lawyers Club
- Hamilton Medical-Legal Society
Please call for rates info.